Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life in a "Gated" Community

This is my life, as of lately.  Trapped by baby gates.  There's a baby gate for the bathroom, attic stairs, basement stairs, back hallway, front hallway, kitchen.  Really?  Thankfully, I was a hurdler (in middle school) and still remember my perfect form to help clear the gates.  Brian, not so much.  I have a secret tally sheet of how many times he's banged his knee, ankle, or foot.  Let's just say, I might need another sheet of paper.  Why is it funny every time he trips?  I don't know, it just is.  He turns around and makes a face at the gate like, "Hey, since when have you been here?".



Anyway, feeling a little trapped in my own house
(<---- and I know he is too... just look at that face), I decided to enroll Jacob in some classes.  I enrolled him, fully aware that I'd be doing all the activities as well (you know, acting out "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Wheels on the Bus", "This Old Man", etc.).



Courtesy of: mommyposh.com (AWESOME WEBSITE, LADIES!)

All "hotness" that I've ever felt, totally goes out the window in these classes.  I sport my mom jeans, scrunchy, and sneakers, and I am lucky if I have even brushed my teeth or washed my face.  Totally kidding.  These classes are an excuse to get dressed up, and look somewhat put together.  After all, I could possibly be meeting my new BFF!

Yesterday morning was our first class called TOTS ROCK.  I walked in, looked around at all the moms and their DAUGHTERS.  Yup, that's right.  Jacob was the only boy in the class.  It was still a good time.  Mr. Dave, our instructor, had lots of fun activities planned for us.  We sang all the classic nursery rhyme songs, danced, played the tambourine, and shook the jingle bells on our wrists.  Well, mine were on my wrists...Jacob had them in his mouth.  I pray that he outgrows the "in the mouth" stage REAL SOON!  At the end of class, Mr. Dave gave all the kids tattoos, aka ink stamps.  Jacob thought it was pretty cool.  :)  I could tell he felt like a true rock star. 


eightcrazydesigns.com



Jacob was the youngest, but tallest and heaviest, in class.  It is really funny to compare boys vs. girls at this age.  Girls are so petite, and ready to run around and play.  Boys are content hanging out close to mom, and watching the girls do everything.  Hmmmmm...do they ever grow out of that?  wink ;) wink ;) 







We are looking forward to participating in the TOTS ROCK class every Tuesday, this month.  Then, February through March, on Tuesdays, we are participating in Baby and Me Tumbling.  OMG, what did I sign us up for?!?  Have you ever seen me do a somersault?   

To keep us from feeling trapped in the house this winter, I have also signed us up for some classes through the library.  Every Wednesday we are going to Multi-Age Story Time.  Every Thursday, we have One-Year Old Story Time.  Then, once a month on Fridays, we have Stories LIVE!.  If anything, for all this time we are investing, Jacob better know how to freakin' read by next year!  :) 


All these activities are great for getting us out and about and meeting new people.  It looks like we will definitely keep busy this winter.   However, truth be told, the moments I cherish most are in my house, with my sweet boy!  Fortunately, we know how to make a good time out of nothing - which is a positive since THE BIG STORM of 2012 is coming tomorrow - or so they say!  Stay warm! 
"I love making funny faces!"


"Smushing my face on the china cabinet will never get old, even if my mom has to clean up after me everyday"


"Chase me around the house some more, mom!"



"Chloe, I think mommy pays the garbage truck driver extra to put on a show for us"

"I just sorted through all of mom's mail."

"Thanks G-ma and G-pa Hansen, this toy rocks!"


1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I can picture your form over the gates! PS - Jacob looks so much like B in the picture of him holding onto the chair!!

    ReplyDelete