Monday, April 30, 2012

Back To The Bathroom We Go!

As promised, I wanted to show you the last of the finishing touches we put into our bathroom renovation.


While searching for towel hooks, I wanted to find something as funky as I could to liven up our plain light grey walls.


Here are some hooks that were considered... (all photos below are courtesy of:  www.freshome.com)


pulpobigdriplifestyle 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs



finger hanger 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs



ghostantler 1 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs



off on wall hang 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs



hand hook 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs






puppy but wall hook 25 of the Most Creative Wall Hook Designs



OK, actually all of those are heinous, and I would never consider putting any of those in my house, not even in my basement.  (Well, the antlers...maybe I could find a special place for those.  After all, I am from Wisconsin.)  But, seriously creative!    


So, I decided to stick to the original plan, and go boring, but not silver or brushed nickel boring... I wanted color.  Off to Anthropologie I went, the land of color and funk.  


AND...I found more yellow.  I really liked these though.  I didn't want to have to buy 3 hooks for behind the door, I just thought that would look odd.  So instead, I found these hooks, that fan out.  Now I have 3-in-1.  Or I guess you could say, 6-in-2?  How nice is that?  Jacob and I currently share a hook, and Bri-guy gets his own.    












Then, I needed to finish off the space with some artwork.  I didn't want the standard BRUSH YOUR TEETH sign, or WASH YOUR HANDS sign that you see in almost every bathroom.  Don't get me wrong, I found plenty of them that were adorable, but I just wanted something different.  I logged onto Etsy, and found some cute things...but nothing that said, "I want to stare at you, while I pee brush my teeth".

Yellow Rubber Ducky Typography Art Print - Sesame Street, fun child's bathroom or playroom decor - 8 x 10
cisforcolor
Keep Calm and JUST RELAX - 11x14 Bathroom Art Print Poster (any color) - Buy 3 and get 1 FREE
AustinCreation's
Bathroom Sailor, Nautical Art, Little Sailor Remember to Flush, Wall Art Printable
BirthdayStudio

SO, finally, I found a place called Near and Dear (they are on etsy) that does awesome map artwork.  Just an FYI, if you are my friend and haven't gotten married yet...this is your wedding present!  What an awesome idea, and so simple.  I should have thought of this years ago!  Anyway, I love it, and it was a perfect finishing touch to the bathroom I now love SO MUCH! 



No comments:

Post a Comment